Spaces, is a rather unique place in Chennai, with a sprawling little green campus of sorts dotted with very classic structures creating a great mood for art of all kinds.

Special thanks to Balaji and Nithya for making this possible, and to Mr. Sadhanand Menon for letting us have the place for a creative day.

We had quite a bit of action this weekend with Murali, Balaji, Nithya, Kalpana, Prabha, Sangeetha, Alok, Arvind and his friend. Later in the day, Murali's cousin visting from New Zealand joined us. The weather was great and the atmosphere relaxing. By the time I joined, everyone was already half way through, I could see nice views of the beach and adjoining structures captured from various views, as well as the green garden inside Spaces getting the attention.

We had a little session on revising Gesture. A couple of practical approaches to how we could capture the gesture was presented, and we all took turns as models for the 1 minute gesture studies, which concluded with a few 'group' studies. 

We later had a good time looking at the works of everyone.

Looking forward to all the sketches.

Photos from the session. contributed by Murali, Balaji and GS. 

Lovely scene, lots of action..

3275199937?profile=original

Murali, you must stop staring and start riding...

3275200308?profile=original

Wonderful entrance,with light peeking from inside..

3275200534?profile=original

Focus is the name of the game..

3275200864?profile=original

They seem to be as good at pretending to listen, as much as I am pretending to tell something.

3275201186?profile=original

Now, that is dedication..

3275201611?profile=original

Same entrance, Light and focus shifted to a different subject..

3275201837?profile=original

Green indeed is this place..

3275202058?profile=original

Arvind's friend enthusiastically modeling for us ...

3275202280?profile=original

Golden rules of Gesture ..

3275202446?profile=original

You need to be a member of penciljammers to add comments!

Join penciljammers

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Prabha, The effect of the roof and the stone wall have come out nicely.

• Thank you Nandita ! sorry I missed the comment.

• Prabha...as expected the coloured version looks very nice. I think you have painted the stone wall, the roof of the shed, and the tree particularly well.

• I love this color work. The stone wall in the right is wonderful. 

I wish some mild colors (from environment - may be yellow) can be used for well instead of simple grey. Love the green in the top very much! 

• Thank you Murali. I wanted to give a cement effect for the well :) Maybe brown and a touch of moss green would have looked better !

• Maybe brown and a touch of moss green would have looked better.

• Prabha, very good gesture studies. Nice sketch and coloring! 

• This I have not completed the shading, want to do water colours on it. 3275426914?profile=original

• Very nice, the details are all there.

• This is very nice Prabha even without the shading being completed. I am sure it will be very nice in colour.

This reply was deleted.