WDC @ Bugle Rock Park, Basavangudi

Yesterday- a great sunny morning, for a change I was early for the jam at  the Bugle Park,(or as they have labelled it-Bugael Rock Park).   I had never visited  this place before in all the years I have been in Bangalore.  Situated next to the Bull Temple, and having a few small temples in the same  compound.  There is also the senior citizen's centre at the main entrance.

This place has alot of trees, a garden with bouganvillea, greenery, bats, shady arbors and walkways.  And of course, the stone formations, that are scattered around with people, tourists perched on them.

George and Smitha were busy with a workshop at NID. 

I hunted for any early jammers and then ended up painting at the highest point in the park.  I was joined by Ram, a new jammer, who later wandered off to sketch on the pathway.  Next was Aditya, Mohun, the two girls,Dinesh, Shariq, Atif, and Akhila.  Sony joined us much later.  Varun and Shashank joined Atif while he was sketching on the rocks.

A great place to return to, with a nice atmosphere.  A lot of trees and greenery ofcourse!

3275211929?profile=original

3275212122?profile=original

3275212529?profile=originalThousands of bats have made their homes in the trees here.  Small boys were throwing stones and disturbing them.

3275212802?profile=original

3275212950?profile=originalMadhulika and Aparna accompanied by their mother kept me company at the high point.

3275213219?profile=originalDo not disturb artist at work!

3275213294?profile=originalAkhila attending a jam after a long time.

3275213601?profile=originalShariq gets himself in a tight spot between the rocks

3275213808?profile=original

3275213948?profile=original

3275214073?profile=originalSony explaining single- point perspective backed by Aditya.

3275214029?profile=originalMohan's great sketch of Akhila sketching.

3275214155?profile=originalAkhila posing with Mohans' sketch.

3275214098?profile=originalAll the jammers at the end.  We were joined by two boys Varun and Shashank , who did a couple of amazing sketches, maybe Din can upload the photos, and his toons of them.

3275214181?profile=originalVarun's sketch of the high point.

Jammers please feel free to upload any photos taken and sketches of the jam here.

Enjoy!

You need to be a member of penciljammers to add comments!

Join penciljammers

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks Nandita, lovely photos. I enjoyed PJ session after a long time :)

3275397798?profile=original

3275397861?profile=original

• Nice toon, Akhila, as I said you cant miss Din's nose in your toon. Ha Ha. Saw you do the painting of the tree tops.

Nice.  Hope to see you more often at the jams, at least to inspire din.

• A royal toon, indeed! :D

Liked this view of the tree from atop Bugle Rock!

• Looks like everyone tried their hand at cartooning :) I really missed a good jam..

Akhila I missed seeing you after so long!! I hope I dint miss all the yummy treats :P

• Smitha, Akhila had  brought yummy mysore pak made by her Mum.  Of course, by the time I got to it the major part had been finished by Din, Adi, Mohan.

• Smee, you will get to see more of me & more treats! :)

• Not to mention, more of your toons ;P

This reply was deleted.